Here we are going to talk about How to apply for Eshram Card registration. This tutorial will help you to register at eshram portal. Once you are done with the registration, you would be easily able to generate or download the e-shram card. Further more we will see whats eshram card is? its benefit, what are the eligibility criteria to apply for eshram card. Esharm card will help daily workers and wagers to get benefit of government schemes.
What is Eshram card?
Esharm is know by various names like Shramik card, Labour card or Shram card and is mainly meant for people who are engaged in unorganized works. E-shram is the number provided for registration of an individual unorganized labour on the portal developed by the Ministry of Labour and employment. The aim of the government is to create a national database of unorganized workers who have registered on the portal linking their individual Aadhar.
The data stored in eshram portal includes name, occupation, address, educational qualification, skill type and family details for an understanding for providing an opportunity to people as per their skills and include them in social schemes initiated by Indian government. This database will contain all of the unorganized worker details which will include migrant workers, construction workers, platform workers, agriculture and domestic workers and so on.
Eligibility for applying for Eshram Card registration
- Your age should be between 16-59 years (Date of birth between: 17-01-1962 to 16-01-2006)
- You should be having Aadhaar linked active mobile number (this is not necessary if your are registering via CSC using Bio scan)
- An active mobile number
- You should be having a bank account.
- You should not be a tax payer
How to apply for Eshram Card registration
There are two ways to Register for eshram portal for getting an Eshram card
Method 1: Register via CSC
- Using this method you need to visit and nearest Common Service Centre (CSC) with your Aadhar card.
- Here you can get yourself registered for eshram portal using any of the verification options like OTP verification, Fingerprint scan or Iris scan.
- The complete registration process will be carried out by the CSE person. While registering you, he will ask you to verify yourself for your Aadhaar using any of the three options OTP verification, Fingerprint scan or iris scan.
- After performing verification CSE person might ask some details which will be required while filling the form.
- You also need to provide your bank account number to CSE person for updating it in the portal.
- Once the process is done you will get the E-shram card number.
Method 2: Self Eshram card Registration via website
- The first step is to visit the official website https://eshram.gov.in/ and click on “REGISTER on e-Shram” or Open this https://register.eshram.gov.in/#/user/self registration link directly
- You will see a page having this section like below, here you need to fill your Mobile number. Prefer the number which is linked to your Aadhar else any number would do fine. Then fill the captcha code and select if you are a member of EPFO(employee provident fund) or ESIC(Employee State Insurance Corporation) then click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP received on mobile number you entered
- Enter your Aadhaar number on the next page. Click on I agree to the term and condition for registration under eshram portal then, select how you want to authenticate, it can be Fingerprint scan, Iris scan or OTP, I am selecting OTP option here as we are doing individually. Now you need to enter the captcha code and click on Submit button to get the OTP.
- Now enter the OTP received on the mobile number which is linked to your Aadhar card
- Now you will see a page where your basic details from Aadhar is populated and here you need to just have a look if everything is Ok. Now go to the bottom of the page and Click on I agree that all the information shown above are correct now click on Continue to enter other details button.
- Now you see a section called personal information fill the relevant details and click on Save and continue button.
- Now fill your residential details on this page. Then click on the check box which says Is permanent address same as current address? If your current address and permanent address is same and click on Save and continue button.
- Now you have to fill the Occupation and Skill section of the registration. Here you need to fill the primary occupation and other details. To fill primary occupation search the keywords from the PDF at Click here link. Type the Keyword under the primary occupation field and it will automatically show you the options available.
- Now after filling Occupation and skills, you have to enter your bank details once that’s done, you have to click on save and continue button to see the filled details.
- Now you will see the complete details which you have filled, at the bottom of the page you will see a declaration, just below that there is a check box saying I undertake that,… click on the check box and click on Submit button to complete the registration process.
- You will be taken to the E shram card. You can download the card using the download button or take a print from the page.
This is all about how to register for an eshram card. Hope you like our post alternatively you can view the video below which will show you to the complete process.