There is a hidden feature in Windows and not many users know anything about it. You can setup a banner with a message in it. Each time your Windows boots up the same banner will pop up. The message can be anything from a welcome message to some important information. You can use it in the way you want. Follow the simple steps given below to setup a banner for your Windows system :
- First of all, go to “start” –> “run”.
- Type “regedit” and hit Enter.
- A new window will open named “registry editor”. In the left panal of the “registry editor”, go to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionpolicies system
- Now right click on the right panel, choose “new”,Select “string value”. A new “string value” will be created.
- Right click on it and choose “rename”. Type “LegalNoticeCaption” .
- Right click on that “string value” and choose “modify”. On the “value data:” area, type the text or value that you want to see in the title bar of the banner.
- Now create yet another new “string value” in the right panel and “rename” it to “LegalNoticeText”.
- Right click on that “string value” and choose “modify”. On the “value data:” part, type the message you want to display each time windows boots.
- Now, close the “registry editor”.
- Restart your computer.
Now, after the “boot screen” and just before the “welcome screen” a new banner will pop up which contains your message and an “OK” button. The users have to click on the “OK” button to proceed.