Firefox Portable: One of the worst things about having to use someone else’s browser is it is not configured the way you want it. With Firefox portable, you can install Firefox on your USB drive and configure it with all the add-ons and extensions you want so your browsing experience never changes.
Thunderbird Portable: The second annoyance of having to use someone else’s computer is not being able to check your email. However, Thunderbird can be custom tailored just like Firefox to provide you with a seamless email experience just as you would get at home.Download: http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
Portable Apps Suite: This suite makes it possible to arrange all of your portable apps into a start menu like interface so that when you plug your USB drive into any computer, it is almost like running an OS on top of an OS. With this installed on the drive, you have specified document folders that are organized according to type so there’s no more hunting around on the drive for important files.Download: http://portableapps.com/suite
OpenOffice Portable: Getting work done while you are outside the office or your home computer can be a pain, especially if the computer you are using does not have Microsoft Office installed on it. You can alleviate this problem by using Open Office, which is compatible with all of Microsoft’s proprietary file extensions. When integrated with Portable Apps Suite, it completes the productivity experience on any computer, as you have access to a word processor, spreadsheet manager, and database manager.
Pidgin Portable: Keeping up with friends across multiple chat networks is hard enough on your home computer, so instead of installing GTalk, AIM, Yahoo, and MSN on your portable device, simply install Pidgin to manage all the services from one unique program. Pidgin will remember your settings across multiple sessions on any computer, making it the perfect way to communicate with friends when you’re not on your main machine.
Avast! Portable Anti-Virus Scanner: Protecting yourself while you’re on a foreign computer is of top priority, which is why you need to include an anti-virus to round off your USB drive portable apps. Avast! is one of the top anti-viruses for computers and this portable app will scan and detect viruses and worms and remove them. This is very good for diagnosing problems on other PCs.
Speed up Firefox
1.Type “about:config” into the address bar and hit return. Scroll down and look for the following entries:
Normally the browser will make one request to a web page at a time. When you enable pipelining it will make several at once, which really speeds up page loading.
2. Alter the entries as follows:
Set “network.http.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.proxy.pipelining” to “true”
Set “network.http.pipelining.maxrequests” to some number like 30. This means it will make 30 requests at once.
3. Lastly right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it “nglayout.initialpaint.delay” and set its value to “0”. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it recieves.
If you’re using a broadband connection you’ll load pages MUCH faster now..
Google is indisputedbly the best search engine out there on the Internet, however there are a few ways by which you can customize Google and make it even better. I have got 3 best free Firefox extensions using which you can customize Google by adding extra useful information to your search results and remove unwanted informationlike ads, spam and click tracking so as to improve the overall searching experience. The following are the 3 best extensions for Firefox using which you can improve the search results.
Using OptimizeGoogle, you can get rid of text ads from Google search results, add links from about 10 other search engines, add position counter, product results and more. You can even filter your search results to see dead websites (using WayBack Machine) and remove click tracking so that you can search anonymously. Here is a list of some of the other useful features of this plugin.
1. Use Google suggest (get word suggestion while typing)
2. Add more security by using https wherever necessary
3. Filter spammy websites from search results page
4. Option to remove SideWiki
5. Add links to bookmark your favorite result
6. Add links to other news and product search sites
To install the plugin, just visit the OptimizeGoogle page from your Firefox browser and click on the Download button. Once installed, you can enable or disable the customization options from the Tools -> OptimizeGoogle Options.
After you customize Google to improve the search results, how about adding a feature that provides a way to preview the website in the search results itself? Here is a miracle Firefox extension to this job for us.
SearchPreview (formerly GooglePreview) will insert thumbnail view of the webpage into the Google search results page itself so that you can take the guess work out of clicking a link. Just install the plugin, reload Firefox and you will have the SearchPreview at work. You can install this plugin from the following link.
OptimizeGoogle and SearchPreview have made our search results smarter and faster. Now how about safer? Well you have another Firefox plugin to make your search results safer as well. Here we go.
3. McAfee SiteAdvisor:
This is a free browser plugin that gives safety advice about websites on the search results page before you actually click on the links. After you install the SiteAdvisor plugin, you will see a small rating icon next to each search result which will alert you about suspecious/risky websites and help you find safer alternatives. These ratings are derived based on various tests conducted by McAfee.
Based on the quality of links, SiteAdvisor may display Green, Yellow, Red or Grey icon next to the search results. Green means that the link is completely safe, Yellow means that there is a minor risk, Red means a mojor risk and Grey means that the site is not yet rated. These results will guide you to Web safety.
SiteAdvisor works on both Internet Explorer and Firefox which you can download from the following link:
I hope you enjoy these 3 plugins which make your searching experience a lot more simpler and safer. Here is a snapshot of all the 3 plugins at work.
How to Remove or Disable Timeline From Mozilla FireFox:-
If you are using the Mozilla Firefox then it’s very easy to disable timeline. First of all install UserAgent Switcher Extension from here(user-agent-switcher) and then choose the Internet Explorer 7 by selecting Firefox tools/Useragent Switcher/Interent Explorer.
How to Remove or Disable Timeline From Google Chrome:-
For Windows 7 and Windows vista:-
Right Click on the Google Chrome icon and click on proprieties and in target box add following syntax after/chrome.exe”
–user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
and click on Apply and Ok.
In simple open the notepad and paste the below syntaxand save with .bat extension.
“%USERPROFILE%AppDataLocalGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe” –user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
For Windows XP:-
paste the code in notepad and save with .link extension.
“%USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataGoogleChromeApplicationchrome.exe” –user-agent=”Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0)”
How to Remove or Disable Timeline From Safari:-
For Safari Browser go into the preferences menu, select “advanced”, then tick the “enable developers menu” then exit the preferences menu. then click the page icon menu (next to the cog wheel icon) then select the “develop/user agent” menu, there you can choose theuser agent you wish to use for the current website you are viewing. Select Internet Explorer 7.
The device can play full HD videos @ 1080 pixels and as any Android device, can stream YouTube videos with little pain. This makes it a plus point for students who can access vast number of NPTEL videos already uploaded to the video sharing website
- Only Rs.2,999 for the UbiSlate
- Monthly internet charges: Rs.98 / 2GB
- Connect via GPRS or WiFi
- GPRS: Embedded modem eliminates the need for external dongles and allows Internet access everywhere
- WiFi: Allows fast Youtube videos at hotspots
- Fast web access even on GPRS networks, across the country using DataWind’s patented acceleration technology
- Web, Email, Facebook, Twitter and much much more!
- HD Quality Video
- Watching movies in the palm of your hand on a 7” screen
- Audio library software helps manage your full collection of songs
Applications Galore with Android 2.2:
- Productivity software: Office suite
- Educational software
- Over 150,000 apps!
Full sized-USB port & Micro-SD slot:
- Expand memory to 32GB
- Use any ordinary pen-drive
- Even plug-in a 3G dongle
- Processor: Connexant with Graphics accelerator and HD Video processor
- Memory (RAM): 256MB RAM / Storage (Internal): 2GB Flash
- Storage (External): 2GB to 32GB Supported
- Peripherals (USB2.0 ports, number): 1 Standard USB port
- Audio out: 3.5mm jack / Audio in: 3.5mm jack
- Display and Resolution: 7” display with 800×480 pixel resolution
- Input Devices: Resistive touch screen
- Connectivity and Networking: GPRS and WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g
- Power and Battery: Up to 180 minutes on battery. AC adapter 200-240 volt range.
- OS: Android 2.2
- Document Rendering
- Supported Document formats: DOC, DOCX, PPT, PPTX, XLS, XLSX, ODT, ODP
- PDF viewer, Text editor
Multimedia and Image Display
- Image viewer supported formats: PNG, JPG, BMP and GIF
- Supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA
- Supported video formats: MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, FLV
Communication and Internet
- Separate application for online YouTube video
- Safety and other standards compliance
CE certification / RoHS certification
- Other: Additional Web Browser: UbiSurfer-Browser with compression/acceleration and IE8 rendering.
- Car charger
- External antenna
- Keyboard case
- There is no other touch-pad tablet or computing device anywhere near the price of the UbiSlate
- At only Rs.2,999, you get:
- A 7” Android 2.2 tablet
- With an embedded GPRS modem and WiFi
- Unlimited Mobile Internet at only Rs.98/month
- HD Quality Video and Multimedia
- 150,000 Android Apps
This is a simple yet interesting trick which will enable you to hack Facebook homepage.Using this trick you can make changes in the Home page of Facebook. You can edit anything in there
First of all open Facebook in your web browser (any Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome). Now copy paste the following code the address bar replacing the default URL.
Some websites illegally modify your registry editor and set their website as default home page, for stop this,
1. Right-click on the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop and select “Properties”.
2. In the “Target” box you will see “C:Program FilesInternet
3. Now by adding the URL of the site to the end of this it overrides any
Homepage setting in internet options:
“C:Program FilesInternet ExplorerIEXPLORE.EXE” www.tool-tricks.blogspot.com