How to Clear Recent files in Windows Media Player. Many time we use our windows media player to watch some stuff which we don’t want others to know about. The activity clear recent files in Windows Media Player is to remove the recently played file from the recent played list.
There are two ways bu using which you can delete the recently played files from Windows Media Player.
1. You can delete the list of recent files in Windows Media Player itself
For this you have to go towards right hand side of your screen and click on Now Playing List, a dropd-own menu will appear click on Clear List . This will clear the recently played files.
2. You can delete the list of recent files in Windows Media Player through the Windows Registry:
- Press Windows key and ‘R’ together to get the Run dialogue box in Windows XP.
- Type “regedit” in Run dialogue box and press enter to open Windows Registry Editor tool.
- In Registry Editor navigate to the path
HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Microsoft > MediaPlayer > Player > RecentFileList.
- Now it’s time to delete the “RecentFileList” subkey to remove all the files which were recently played or you can simply delete the keys in right hand side in the image above. This will also delete the recently played list. If you have streamed some content on Internet, In that case also you need to delete the RecentURLList subkey.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer
Restart To keep certain files in the list, don’t delete the entire key. Deleting individual entries within the key will get rid of the files that you no longer want in the Recent File List.