It is possible to disable the XP splash screen, which will slightly speed up the overall boot process. Be aware that removing the splash screen will also cause you not to see any boot-up messages that might come up (chkdsk, convert … ), but if your system runs without any problems then it should not matter.
• Edit boot.ini.
• Add ” /noguiboot” right after “/fastdetect”.
Upon restarting, the splash screen will be gone. It can be re-enabled by removing the new switch.
On some XP Pro installations, when connected to a network (peer-peer in this case), the computer boot time is over 1:40. The system seems to freeze after logging in and the desktop may not appear or will freeze for a minute. As timed with the utility, Bootvis.exe, the problem was with the driver mrxsmb.dll, adding over 67 seconds to the boot time.
Turning off and restoring file and printer sharing eliminated 65 seconds from the boot time.
• Alt-click (or right-click) on Network Places > Properties.
• Alt-click on Ethernet Adapter connection > Properties.
• Un-check “File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks” > OK.
• If you need file or printer sharing, repeat the above, re-check the box and re-boot again.
By default, Windows XP keeps a backup of system files in the System Volume Information folder. This can eat up valuable space on your hard drive. If you don’t want Windows to back up your system files:
• Open the Control Panel.
• Double-click on System.
• Click the System Restore tab.
• Check “Turn off System Restore on all drives”.
• Hit Apply.
• You may now delete the System Volume Information folder.
Warning! If you turn this off you will not be able to use Windows System Restore to restore your system in case of failure.
If you like to view your files in Windows Explorer using the “Details” view here is a tweak to speed up the listing of file attributes:
Viewing files in Windows Explorer using the “Details” mode shows various attributes associated with each file shown. Some of these must be retrieved from the individual files
when you click on the directory for viewing. For a directory with numerous and relatively large files (such as a folder in which one stores media, eg: *.mp3’s, *.avi’s etc.), Windows Explorer lags as it reads through each one. Here’s how to disable viewing of unwanted attributes and speed up file browsing:
• Open Windows Explorer.
• Navigate to the folder which you wish to optimize.
• In “Details” mode right-click the bar at the top which displays the names of the attribute columns.
• Uncheck any that are unwanted/unneeded.
Explorer will apply your preferences immediately, and longs lists of unnecessary attributes will not be displayed.
Likewise, one may choose to display any information which is regarded as needed, getting more out of Explorer.
Like previous versions of windows, it takes long time to restart or shutdown windows XP when the “Exit Windows” sound is enabled. To solve this problem you must disable this useless sound
• Click Start button.
• Go to settings > Control Panel > Sound, Speech and Audio devices > Sounds and
Audio Devices > Sounds.
• Then under program events and windows menu click on “Exit Windows” sub-menu and highlight it. Now from sounds you can select, choose “none” and then click Apply and OK.
Now you should see some improvements when shutting down your system
If you are connected to a LAN and have problems with jerky graphics, this might be the solution:
• Right-click “My Computer”.
• Select “Manage”.
• Click on “Device Manager”.
• Double-click on your NIC under “Network Adapters”.
• In the new window, select the “Advanced” tab.
• Select “Connection Type” and manually set the value of your NIC. (Not “Auto
Sense” which is default.).
• You should reboot.
Here is the trick for complete formatting of your virus infected or other problem arriving mobile phone…
This trick is for almost all Nokia models.
1. Switch off your phone…
2. Remove SIM card & memory chip…
3. Now press & hold keys – 3,*,call green) …
4. Then without leaving these three buttons press power button…
5. Formatting task will be started…
6. Remember its a very rare trick….
Yes its true its call hard format.
key * , 3 , Call button (green) press and hold when display is on than formatting screen is displayed.
Wait for formatting to be finished,
Before carrying out this process make sure you have copied all your contacts and notes onto your Memory, because every thing will be deleted. When its finished the formatted phone
may be like new, just like when u have brought it from showroom.
Mobile number without or wrong IMEI number are banned accorss India now.
Mostly China mobile phone brands like Alkatel, Sigmatel, GFIVE and many more now provide valid IMEI number
Check China or any Mobile Phone IMEI Number Validity
1.Press *#06# on your mobile handset
and note down the 15 digit IMEI number
2.Compose a new message from your mobile >> Type your 15 digit IMEI number >> Send it to 53232
3.If you get “Success” as the reply, then your mobile IMEI number is valid
4.If you get “Invalid IMEI” as the reply, that means your IMEI number is not valid
5.You are now done.
This will help you to know that your imei number is valid or not
If you like this simple trick, please do refer your friends.
For writing blank scrap, follow the steps:
1) Open any scrapbook.
2) Write [i] in the scrapbook.
3) Do NOT write anything else in the scrapbook, and submit th
You can also use [b] tag instead of [i] tag
You can also use this method to post a blank entry in any community forum.
Or Just Type The following in any Scrap
This is a much awaited trick on Orkut
very less users know about it
be d one n Impress your friends !!
here it is
Press alt key and d following 4rm num pad …
alt + 987 – █
alt + 1 – ☺
alt + 2 – ☻
alt + 3 – ♥
alt + 4 – ♦
alt + 5 – ♣
alt + 6 – ♠
alt + 7 – •
alt + 8 – ◘
alt + 9 – ○
alt + 0178 – ²
alt + 0489 – é
alt + 0756 – ô
alt + 0742 – æ
alt + 0719 – Ï
alt + 0739 – ã
alt + 0729 – Ù
The same way many combinations can be tried..
Note: most of this Symbols ever work on Facebook and other Social Networking sites similar to Orkut.